Elementary Science Methods ll: Week #7
Elementary Science Methods 2: Week #7
What did you do in the lab today?
- In this week's lab, we continued studying the moon and stars. We began with a formative assessment to see how much we learned from last week. We discussed each of the questions and gained a better understanding of their meanings. Our activity was creating a solar system that would fit inside the Lindquist Center. I found this lab interesting because I was able to gain a sense of knowledge about how far each planet in the solar system really is from each other.
- The big question was: Right now, today, I looked up at the sky, pondering life and all of it's mysteries. I was startled to see that we were currently in a "full moon" phase. Why was I so startled?
- In Thursday's discussion, we continued our discussion on the phases of the moon and thought about what phase they would be in at different parts of the day. I feel the biggest thing I learned from this discussion was about the hemispheres and which way a shadow will project on an object based on the earth's tilt. This lesson is something I can take with me as I progress through the class and the real world.
- What did you learn?
- I was able to engage in deeper learning about our solar system. Specifically on how large and the distance between the various planets are to one another. Each planet has different characteristics that it's made up of whether its rocky or gaseous.
- What was most helpful?
- I found the visual of the planet's size with one another very insightful because I wasn't aware of the vast size differences between them.
- What do you need more information on?
- Nothing!
- No questions at this time.
Comments
Post a Comment