Elementary Science Methods ll: Week #6

 

Elementary Science Methods 2: Week #6

What did you do in the lab today?

  • This week in lab I learned about the solar system. Specifically, we studied the moon's phases, how it affect the amount of sunlight on the Earth, and how seasons work. I found it beneficial for my learning to see how I grew from the formative assessment to the application and hands-on activities in the lab.
What was the big question?

  • There were three questions we focused on: How do the phases of the moon work? What causes the seasons? What causes a lunar eclipse?
What did you learn in Thursday's discussion?

  • The discussion on Thursday was similar to the lab in that we dove into the formative assessment and studied the deeper meaning behind each big question. My biggest takeaway was thinking about where the sun and moon are at different times of the day. 
Pressbook:
  • What did you learn?
  • I developed deeper knowledge on Heliocentrism vs Geocentrism and how it was used during the Renaissance to figure out what time of day it was. 
  • What was most helpful?
  • I found the formative assessments the most helpful in my learning because I was able to reflect on my prior knowledge and gain further knowledge on top of it. 
  • What do you need more information on?
  • None!
5. What Questions, concerns or comments do you have?

  • No questions at this time. 



Comments