Elementary Science Methods ll: Week #10

 

Elementary Science Methods 2: Week #10

What did you do in the lab today?

  • This week in the lab, we began by completing a formative assessment on rocks. From this, we began reviewing our previous assignment, activitymania. We discussed with one another how we assess our student's learning and how we can step into a more equitable approach. We finished with creating our own sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic rocks out of Starburst (see in photos below). 



What was the big question?

  • Is it a rock?

What did you learn in Thursday's discussion?

  • In Thursday's discussion we began our unit on plate tectonics. 
Pressbook:
  • What did you learn?
  • I expanded my knowledge of the structure of the earth. Specifically, each layer of the earth's crust, mantle, inner and outer core. I learned about what each layer is made up of. 
  • What was most helpful?
  • The visuals I always find are most helpful for my learning to connect the information to a picture.
  • What do you need more information on?
  • None!

5. What Questions, concerns, or comments do you have?

  • No questions at this time.

Comments